Emily’s Summer of TEFL – in pictures

By: Emily Maybanks

This summer, I had two of the most amazing experiences of teaching English as a foreign language in Italy and in the UK. Here is a selection of my photographs which describe my time spent teaching.

Before arriving in Italy, I stopped in Nice, France and spent the evening relaxing on the beach with other travellers.
Sanremo, a gorgeous place on the Italian coast, and perhaps the best place to spend training for the upcoming summer camp!
I spent my Birthday in Italy, and was thoroughly surprised with a card, Prosecco, balloons, ice cream and a poolside rendition of ‘Happy Birthday’ with a guitar… Best Birthday ever!
Summer camp fun – smiles and selfies (yes, I am wearing cat ears)
Spent the week-end relaxing* here… (*planning activities and writing a script!)
My class performing their ‘final show’ at the end of the two week summer camp… I was so proud of them all!
LSF Sant’Elpidio 2017 tutor team… From left to right: Frankie, me, Fiona, Dylan, and Ed.
Returning to the UK, I worked for 3 weeks in a summer school in Reading, which involved an excursion to London.
Having a much needed break and treat on the excursion to Windsor.
My two classes of students on their final day in Reading. I had an amazing time teaching them and I probably learnt more than they did.

If you would like to read more about my TEFL adventures so far, here is a link to a post I wrote for the tefl.org.uk blog. Look out for future posts I’m going to do about my TEFL journey for the Waterfront and Swansea Student Media.