Xtreme to host Student Radio Association conference in 2019

On the 8th of November at the Student Radio Awards at the O2 arena, Xtreme Radio Swansea University’s very own radio station were announced as the hosts of the 2019 Student Radio Conference. The event, to be held in April 2019 will bring some of the biggest names in radio will be coming to Swansea University’s Bay campus.

The conference is a mix of workshops, keynote speeches and exciting evening events. Previous conferences have attracted a host of familiar names, such as Greg James, Mistajam and Chris Moyles, as well as leading industry professionals.

The evening events include Demo Factor, a talent show-style competition where budding radio presenters put themselves in front of key players from some of the biggest stations on the planet, and if successful can land a job right on the spot. On the second night, it’s awards time with the ‘I Love Student Radio Awards’, the second biggest student media awards in Europe.

It’s a huge coup for Xtreme to bring the conference to Swansea. It will attract student radio members from universities all over the UK and will place them firmly on the national stage.

There are many ways you can support the station, whether you’re just listening in on
www.swanseastudentmedia.com or doing your own show, every little helps. We are also looking for volunteers to help out with the conference; if this is something that sounds like it’s in your wheelhouse then get in contact with the station manager, Alex Evans at ‘manager@xtremeradio.org’.

Here’s to an exciting year for Xtreme.

by Alex Evans