Makes 12 bagels
½ cup cold waters
Pinch of salt
½ cup vegetable oil
½ tablespoon sugar
1 cup matzo meal
3 large eggs
- Put water, salt, vegetable oil and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Beat in the matzo meal at one time.
- Stir until it forms a ball and remove from the heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until all are well blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons on a greased pan.
- Dip your thumb in cold water and make a hole in the centre of each.
- Bake in a preheated 180-degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden.